- Support medicine based on individuals; not paper.
- Encourage responsive practice; based on divergent thinking with the ability to converge when necessary.
- Commit to genuine funding for health, that is, ten percent GDP for ten years from government and private sector.
- Ensure that hospitals remain places for treating sick people, not making those who treat them sick.
- Fashion our health data so we can understand and own it.
- Recognize and reward leaders with vision, competence and commitment at all levels.
- Make doing nothing possible again in our health care.
- Validate medical migration: it’s essential for global health.
- Increase vigilance on health marketing hype, for example, sugar tax and vaping are not solutions to obesity and smoking.
- Prioritize people, processes and outcomes not diseases, diagnoses and institutions.
Thanks to all my readers and commenters – you make writing these blogs worthwhile! Wishing you all a safe, enjoyable, productive and contented four seasons.
2 thoughts on “My top ten seasonal wishes for healthcare”
Seasonal greetings to you too, Deb